Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

a philosophy

(picture from a tranquil morning at the Mockingbird, waiting for our breakfast.) 




My new Philosophy is this: do what you can, when you can,  the best that you can. This may seem simple but it really works out to be quite complex in my everyday life. 

I tend to get paralyzed very easily about all the things i want/need to accomplish. I feel like most days I am just barely treading water by barely keeping up with the dishes and laundry. When I think of all the extras I'd like to achieve I get so overwhelmed to the point that I am likely to neglect the basics even out of sheer exhaustion and the feeling that it's all useless anyway. . why even try? Why even bother with the dishes when I can't seem to get started finish the scrap book I started? why even put away the laundry if my little girls room still isn't pretty and girly like I have always imagined? This seems pretty illogical I know but it's how my mind works. 

I am not giving up on the extras because I still have hope that I can create a tranquil, pulled together, each child with their own scrap book, home. . one step at a time. Just not right this minute maybe. Right now my focus has to be on doing what I can, when I can, the best that I can. Do the dishes. Do the laundry. Plan meals. Put away a few things when you can. Organize a closet when the moment presents itself the best you can before the toddler starts pulling on you too hard. One step at a time. There will not be a perfect time to make a home. You just have to do it along the way. :) 

1 comment:

  1. I totally get this. I wanted more time for crafting so I've set a strict standard for never letting laundry sit in the basket and never letting dishes sit in the sink overnight. It's been really hard, but I have been able to focus on "bigger" things. Like vacuuming. Just kidding ;) Like curtains!!

    ReplyDelete