Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The good, the bad and the beautiful

This past weekend KL and I took a trip to Natchez, MS to an Old Time Music gathering. It was a good  idea. We rode with my mom and my sister and my mom played with KL much of the day giving me a chance to indulge my dormant hobby. I also got to show off KL to friends that I had not seen in over a year. In fact last year when I attended the same gathering I was about 4-5 months pregnant.

We arrived Friday evening and checked into the hotel. The bad came when it was time to sleep Friday night. KL apparently has something against sleeping in a pack and play in a strange hotel room. I don't know why. It was a very nice room with a King Size bed, with lovely pillows and beautiful comforter for mom. Too bad mom didn't actually get to do much sleeping in it. Oh well. We awoke Saturday morning feeling not so refreshed and proceeded to the grounds of the gathering. That was the beautiful part.

The weather turned out very cool for mid May in Mississippi. Very cool indeed! But it was pretty much perfect because the event takes place entirely outside or in old buildings with no artificial air flow.  The music was enchanting as always. I was privileged to jam a bit with precious friends and listen to other friends. I judged a contest and participated in one as well. If I had known how little sleep I was going to get I'm not sure I would have gone but probably. It was worth it.

(this pic is  of a couple of friends from a couple of years ago at the same event.)

No comments:

Post a Comment