Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Today

Today is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. 

Those are such simple and familiar words but ones I need to repeat over and over to myself. Everyday is a new opportunity; to serve; to minister.  Life can seem pretty bleak when your 6 month old baby girl is teething and nothing you do seems to help her feel better. The two of you haven't slept much and the house is a wreck and you wonder how it will be possible to ever have another child since you can't even manage the current chaos very well.

Everyday isn't like this though. Most days she naps when she's supposed to and sleeps decently through the night.  On those kinds of days I forget to rejoice. I take for granted to the blessings of that day and go about my merry way thinking what a wonderful mother I am that my child is so happy and contented today. The truth is I am not such a wonderful mother at all. I am completely dependent upon Christ everyday whether I acknowledge it or not. 

So today, the tough day, I will rejoice and be glad because God has given me a precious little girl and the opportunity to minister to her though her pain. He has given me the opportunity to grow today to be more unselfish and more giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment